Established in 1871 to supply farmers’ needs, NWF has grown into a strong, profitable and resilient business, with operations across the UK and underpinned by a substantial asset base and the availability of substantial financing facilities to fund development. The business operates in large, stable markets. The divisions have scale and good market positions, and are profitable and cash generative.
Leading national supplier of ruminant animal feed
NWF Agriculture has grown to be a leading national supplier of ruminant animal feed, feeding one in six dairy cows in Britain. The business supplies over 4,750 farmers from Scotland to Cornwall.
- Key nutritional advisor to over 4,750 ruminant farmers across the UK
- Technical support for farmers to improve yields and farm profitability
- Class leading customer service
- High product quality
- High asset utilisation of mills and blend sheds delivering value to customers
- Efficient transport fleet delivering direct to farm
Market leader in the north west of England
Boughey Distribution is a leading consolidator of ambient grocery products with significant warehousing and distribution assets.
- Market leading national ambient grocery consolidation service
- High service levels of 99.7%
- Award winning IT team and industry leading systems with customers utilising live stock and delivery data
- Efficient warehousing and transport delivering a value proposition for food manufacturers and importers
- High warehouse and vehicle asset utilisation
Third largest fuels distributor in the UK
NWF Fuels is a leading distributor of fuel oil and fuel cards, delivering over 470 million litres of fuel across the UK to 63,500 customers.
- Industry leading customer service from 19 depots across the UK
- Scale delivers efficiency and value for commercial and domestic customers
- Delivery flexibility focusing on delivering to oil users who have experienced a run-out
- Supply agreements with major oil companies for security of supply and competitive pricing