Group established in 1871 to supply the needs of farmers: Cheshire Farmers Supply Association Ltd.
Group became a farming co-operative in 1918 to expand the capital base and incentivise members to trade with the co‑operative.
Name changed to North Western Farmers Ltd on merger between Cheshire, Shropshire & North Wales Farmers Supply Association and Chester Farmers.
June 1988, changed to a limited company, NWF Ltd, ceasing to be a co-operative.
September 1995, NWF Group plc joined the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange, becoming the first company to list on AIM in the North West.
October 2008, sale of Garden Centre division. Group established as a specialist agricultural and distribution business delivering feed, food and fuel.
Acquisition of two fuel distribution businesses: Evesons Fuels Limited (January 2011) and Swan Petroleum Limited (September 2011).
Acquisition of S.C. Feeds, an agricultural ruminant feed business.
June 2015, the Group acquired 100% of the issued share capital of New Breed (UK) Limited, a high quality agriculture nutritional advisory business.
November 2015, the Group acquired 100% of the share capital of Staffordshire Fuels Limited, a fuel distribution business.
February 2016, the Group acquired 100% of the share capital of Jim Peet (Agriculture) Limited, a ruminant feed manufacturer, and the freehold of two mills at Longtown and Aspatria.